- Head: 18 1/2" &return&&newline&
- Overall Length: 82 1/8" &return&&newline&
- Steel: SK-5 Medium Carbon &return&&newline&
- Weight: 4 1/4 LBS. &return&&newline&
- Blade Thickness: 3/32" &return&&newline&
- Handle: Premium American Ash Shaft &return&&newline&
- Sheath: Secure-Ex® &return&&newline&
For 200 years, the boar spear reigned supreme as the staff weapon of choice in the forests and often the battlefield as well. Only the invention of a reliable firearms in the 18th century could fade its renown. it would have disappeared altogether if not for the decadent tastes of the Northern European nobility. To them, hunting with a firearm was a pale substitute for the thrill of hand to hand combat in the forest with nothing but a spear.
You too can enjoy the same excitement with ColdSteel's® modern recreation of this classic spear. Cold forged out of medium carbon SK-5 steel and heat treated to a spring temper, the massive blade is designed to flex under stress instead of breaking.
It's sharpened with a good utility edge and features a sturdy reinforcing rib to make it as stiff as possible for maximum penetration. The Boar Spear comes complete with a stout premium ash shaft and a Secure-Ex® Sheath.